Thursday, June 01, 2006

AAS Laws

As per lizrdboy's last comment, I suggest we discuss bi-laws and such. With respect to how one becomes a member, I think a new member needs sponsorship from an existing member, and must participate in two AAS events, and then must be accepted by a majority of the members involved. With respect to what represents an AAS event, I think we should have at least two existing AAS members in the event, and the event should involve some sort of outdoor sporting event that includes the risk of serious injury or death. Climbing, skiing, and biking seem like a great list of specific acceptable sporting events. I am not sure we need an acceptable beer list...or maybe we need a beer blacklist. I vote that the beer black list include coors and bud or bud-like beers.

I also nominate Paul as AAS President, as he is the biggest AAS in the group ;-), however, I don't think any person in the AAS should hold more than one office.

5 comments:

Pablito said...

I concur!

* I'll be Presidente' (only for a 1 year term)

* Beer blacklisted: Coors, Bud, Old Style, Micalob, Miller, Etc...

* Yes, new members need to be sponsored, and attend at least 2 "Adventure Events"

* Yes, an AAS event needs 2 members ! FINE ! Not like I didn't invite Dan to Rockey Mt. park with my family...

Yes, I'm interested in a June 16 - 18 Spring Ski. Where's the closest place we can get up to the snow-line ? Up neal Salida CO?

lizrdboy said...

I concur with all the above. By the way, have any of you tried the New Belguim brew "Skinny Dip?" Fantastic!

danmcq said...

Paul you did invite me, but it was some what short notice and my work load did not permit it. And you only invited me after asking to borrow my ice axe?

JayBob said...

I know I am a very quiet member of the list, but I think I have everyone beat in the quantity and quality of beer that I consume. Does anyone else have a beer cooler in their shed? At some point during this summer, I am sure to have a big, hot, outdoors project to complete, and I am sure to buy a case of Bud in cans. Nothing cuts sawdust/drywall/paint/stain/chainsaw exhaust/grimy oil like cold, cold Budweiser...in the can. I vote for an exception to the no Bud rule.

danmcq said...

jay...jay....jay. what insane things you do on your own time is your businesss. still a free country unfortunately. i do not think we should allow bud or any other crap beer at aas events though. i don't vote for an except.